2018 APKASS Travelling Fellowships Open for Application!
We are pleased to announce that the 2018 APKASS to ESSKA and 2018 APKASS to AOSSM Travelling Fellowship Tours are now open for application.
Please see details below:
|Tour||Date (Tentative)||Congress to be attended during the tour|
|APKASS to ESSKA(Europe)||18 April – 12 May 2018 (Tentative)||The 18th ESSKA Congress – Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.|
|APKASS to AOSSM
|13 June – 8 July 2018 (Tentative)||AOSSM Annual Meeting|
*** Please note that 2018 APKASS to SLARD (Latin America) Travelling Fellowship Tour is under planning, it will be open for recruitment in due course.***
The fellows will have opportunity to participate in scientific symposia with host surgeons and give presentations, view research facilities and surgical procedures, attend a national sport medicine meeting in the region they are visiting, as well as, participate in social and cultural activities with the local sports medicine community.
- be a certified orthopaedic surgeon in your own country
- be under 45 years old at point of application
- speak English fluently
- be a citizen in any country in Asia-Pacific region
- be an APKASS member for at least 1 year
- demonstrate commitment to sports medicine, excellence in research and clinical practice as manifested through presentation, publications and team service.
- make yourself available for the whole duration of the fellowship
- submit one personal statement and two letters of reference
- be prepared to submit a written report at the end of the programme.
Please visit society website: How to Apply for more information on procedures.
Selection of Travelling Fellows:
THREE fellows will be chosen from the applicants for each tour. The selection will be made by the APKASS Travelling Fellowship Committee.
Please complete the enclosed application form and send it to the society office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com ) with all other supporting documents on or before 11:59pm, 22 Sep 2017 (UTC +8hours).
For further enquiries, please contact society office via firstname.lastname@example.org
About Inter-Continental Travelling Fellowships
The inter-continental traveling fellowship program is a scientific and cultural exchange among orthopaedic sports medicine physicians in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America. The programme provides the fellows a valuable opportunity to exchange scientific information, stimulate research and develop collaboration and lifelong friendships. It also provides a stimulus for leadership by recognizing young surgeons who have made a significant contribution to sports medicine. We have travelling fellowships with European Society of Sports Traumatology Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA), American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) and Latin American Society of Knee Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine (SLARD).
For each travelling fellowship, THREE fellows are selected to visit overseas sports medicine institutes and facilities for 3-4 weeks, and are accompanied by a reputed senior orthopaedic sports medicine specialist as the “Godparent”. There is a rich history of traveling fellowships and this prestigious program will continue to be a highlight of APKASS.
We truly appreciate the generous support from DJO Global and Smith & Nephew for theTravelling Fellowship Programmes.
What do Travelling Fellows do during the tour?
- participate in scientific symposia with host surgeons and give presentations
- view research facilities and surgical procedures
- attend a national sport medicine meeting in the region they are visiting
- participate in social and cultural activities with the local sports medicine community.
What are the benefits of the Travelling Fellowship?
- Foster an exchange of scientific information, stimulate research, and develop friendships among physicians who practice sports medicine in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia-Pacific countries
- Serve as a bridge that may be used to forge the future of sports medicine worldwide
- Participate in social and cultural activities with the local sports medicine community
- Develope personal and professional relationships that last a lifetime
|Year||Travelling Fellowship||Date||Congress to be attended during the tour||Application|
|2018||APKASS to ESSKA (Europe)||18 April – 12 May 2018 (Tentative)||The 18th ESSKA Congress – Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.||Application Opens Now|
|APKASS to AOSSM (North America)||13 June – 8 July 2018 (Tentative)||AOSSM Annual Meeting||Application Opens Now|
|APKASS to SLARD (Latin America)||To be confirmed||To be confirmed||Application will be opened later|
How to be the Travelling Fellows?
Please read the application requirement and related information here.
Travelling Fellows Application Deadline
The 2018 APKASS to SLARD Tour is under planning, the application will be opened in due course.
Please come back in Summer 2017 for the application of 2018 tour.
Selection of Travelling Fellows:
THREE fellows will be chosen from the applicants for each tour. The selection of the Travelling Fellows for the tours will be made by the APKASS Travelling Fellowship Committee.
How to be the host of Travelling Fellowship?
If you would like to host the Travelling Fellowship, please contact the administrative office : email@example.com more information.
Details of each Travelling Fellowship
For more information about each travelling fellowship, please visit below:
APKASS – ESSKA Travelling Fellowships
APKASS – AOSSM Travelling Fellowships
APKASS – SLARD Travelling Fellowships